Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I had forgotten ...

 photo DSC_0126JPG-Version2_zpsc714f0c6.jpg 

 Last night we didn't turn the TV on.  
It was wonderful.

It's been a while since we've done that.
We really need to do it more.

What did we do instead?
I cooked dinner, and Rory chatted with me,
helping as there was need.  Jono was working on a 
school project.  Alia was just pottering about in her room. 

We ate dinner at the table.
When we were done, Alia said 
"Hey, it's only 7:00!" so we decided to 
play a game. Rummikub
It's a great game.
We all like
it ...

Just over an hour later I was sitting at my desk getting some things ready for today.  Jono was laying in bed reading a novel, Alia was finishing up 'making a recorder', and Rory was in our room playing guitar.  The puppy was barking (lest you think the house was perfectly quite and get a skewed view of reality) and I was up and down trying to get him not to.  But ... it was peaceful.  The house was calm.  There was no rush to get the kids into bed so we could start a show.  There was no rushing around after the show to finish up the things that needed to be done for tomorrow.  

I had forgotten.  
I had forgotten how much 
I love not having the tv on in the evening.

I think it will become a much more regular occurrence ....

 

1 comments:

Kath October 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM  

I feel more peaceful just reading about your peaceful evening!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP